I want to share my love for skating with the world and decided to create this blog to capture my skating adventures and help others explore their own roller-skating journey. What better way to do that, then to create a blog about it? So, here are a few facts about me.
I have over 14 years of roller skating experience and I’m going to skate until I cant skate anymore. I don’t ever plan to stop.
I’ve skated around the country at various national skate jams, parades, and even taught roller dance lessons. At one point, I wanted to roller skate full time and get paid. (I still want to, but haven’t figured out the magic formula).
- My real name is Dinah, but my skate name is MUFFY. It’s catchy and easy to remember.
- I’m a former member of two skate groups: Naptown Real Rollers and Hardwood Vixens
- I was the co-owner of a roller-skating company called Skate Fitness for a few years
- I’ve owned 3 pairs of skates: 1st pair were Legends and the 2nd /3rd Riedell OG 172
- Favorite wheels: Roller Bones, Team Logo Recreational
- Favorite bearings: Bones Reds Precision Skate Bearings
- Fun fact: I was born with 6 fingers on my left hand!
- Pet peeve: When non- skaters say “Ohhh…so you’re a roller skater? Cool…Do you partake in roller derby too?” OR they refer to my roller skates to roller blades..ugh! (grinds my gears)
The style of skating I’ve grown to love is called rhythm skating. This style of skating consists of line dancing, synchronized skate dance routines, jam skating, and various moves that require strength, balance and flexibility. I get a lot of my inspiration from skaters in Chicago and St. Louis because of their complex footwork and smooth transitions throughout their routines.
If you are still confused on what Rhythm skating is…check out my last roller-skating video at Skateland to get a better understanding.
Over the next year, I plan to improve my skills and take my skating to the next level. I will provide tips and tricks to help you conquer skate moves and help as much as I can. If this is your first time coming to my blog, WELCOME! Lets roll through this journey together!